Drs. Ditto & Musick Eye Care Center is equipped with many of the latest and greatest technological advancements in ophthalmic instrumentation available today. These instruments assist us in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of a multitude of eye diseases and visual conditions.
Please note that not every instrument is needed or utilized for each patient seen in our practice.
The NIDEK OPD-Scan III Wavefront Analyzer
The unique OPD-Scan III is an advanced vision-assessment system that combines corneal topography, wavefront, autorefraction, keratometry, and pupillometry – allowing accurate and reliable analysis of corneal/optical aberrations and pathways.
- OPD Map shows point-by-point eye aberration
- Many more data points than other aberrometers – allowing precise mapping of irregular astigmatism
REICHERT Ocular Response Analyzer® G3
- The Ocular Response Analyzer® (ORA) is the only tonometer that measures Corneal Hysteresis (CH), a superior predictor of glaucoma progression. Corneal Hysteresis is an indication of the biomechanical properties of the cornea differing from thickness or topography, which are geometrical attributes.CH measurements are significantly associated with risk of glaucoma progression. Eyes with lower CH had faster rates of visual field loss than those with higher CH.
- In addition to Corneal Hysteresis, the Ocular Response Analyzer provides Corneal Compensated Intraocular Pressure (IOPcc), a better indication of the true pressure, proven to be less influenced by corneal properties than Goldmann or other methods of tonometry.
Zeiss Cirrus HD OCT
The Zeiss Cirrus HD OCT; this advanced technology spectrum domain OCT (Optical Coherence Tomographer) instrument offers a high-quality OCT imaging used to assist in the diagnosis and management of glaucoma and retina disease across a wide spectrum of conditions.
ZEISS Visucam High-Resolution Retinal Camera
Malignant intraocular choroidal melanoma
The ZEISS VISUCAM fundus camera with a 24-megapixel sensor produces brilliant, detail-rich images to effectively aid in diagnosing and monitoring a broad range of eye diseases – from glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy to dry and wet age-related macular degeneration.
- Greater diagnostic insight – High-resolution fundus imaging
- Versatility – Fully-featured camera with all imaging modes
- Enhanced practice performance – Simple design, user friendly, portability allows full integration with clinic workflow
LIGHTMED Deux SLT/YAG Combination Laser
YAG laser peripheral iridotomy for narrow-angle glaucoma <-(list this small text under the image [light 4] please)
* LIGHTMED Deux SLT/YAG Combination Laser – This advanced state of the art ophthalmic laser is used in our practice to conveniently and cost-effectively provide in-office laser procedures, avoiding additional costs to the patients and their insurance if they were instead performed in an outpatient surgery center.
YAG capsulotomy – for posterior capsular opacification (secondary cataract formation sometimes occurs following initial cataract surgery)
Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT) – for certain forms of primary open-angle glaucoma
YAG Laser Peripheral Iridotomy (LPI) – for certain forms of angle-closure glaucoma
- Superior Crystal-Q Switch Laser Cavity
- Slitlamp Integrated System
- 5 Step Magnification Changer
- ± 500 µm YAG posterior/anterior offset
- Wide Field Optics
- Auto Calibration Mode